What’s happening at CorpoStudio.in?
We are back!
We hope you’ve enjoyed a well deserved break and have recuperated and rested well and are ready for the new season.
The studio has undergone a few changes: inside there’s been a little revamp, but more importantly there’s more options with regards to the subscriptions, if you haven’t yet check out the website for more info
Mostly we are eager to get back to work but we are planning some new events and workshops so stay tuned…
BALSAMIC SOY GARLIC MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms are a firm favourite for autumn and this recipe comes from @veguaryco ⠀
2 pounds mushrooms⠀⠀⠀
1 tablespoon oil⠀⠀⠀
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar⠀⠀⠀
2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)⠀⠀⠀
3 cloves garlic, chopped⠀⠀⠀
1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped⠀⠀⠀
salt and pepper to taste⠀⠀⠀
Toss the mushrooms in the oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking pan and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes, mixing half way through.
One Leg Circle
One Leg Circle is one of those Pilates matwork exercises that seems easy but in fact is rather challenging to do well. It’s all about have the freedom and mobility of the leg in the hip socket but with the stability of the torso and pelvis, a real challenge for the core.
You start supine (face up) with the spine and pelvis in neutral, one leg is lengthened along the mat in line with the seat bone and the other leg is reaching towards the ceiling so the hip is flexed at a 90° angle, feet pointed like a ballerina and arms long by sides, palms facing down.
You then draw a smooth circle with the foot bringing the gesture leg first across the midline of the body then away, continue to bring the leg away from the midline and towards the torso.
You inhale for the first half of the circle and exhale for the second half.
Perform 5 circles in total in this direction then switch direction to draw 5 more circles this time bringing the gesture leg away from the midline and away before bringing it across the midline and towards the torso.
All the time keeping the rest of the body, particularly the pelvis and spine still and stable, this means no cha cha cha with the hips.
Like always there are modifications, keeping the legs bent or using a flex-band to either assist the movement of to add resistance and challenge you further.
A beautiful exercise, simple but very effective!
Vitamins & minerals, are you getting your daily dose?
Do you know if you are getting your daily amount of Vitamins & Minerals? Do you feel your body is getting all the nutrients it needs?
- Vitamins & Minerals also known as micronutrients are required in small but powerful quantities (Macronutrients are proteins, carbohydrates and fats). Micronutrients help our bodies perform a variety of very important functions, such as:
- releasing energy from the food we consume
- helping to maintain a healthy immune system
- helping blood to clot
- helping children to grow & develop
- helping to keep bones strong & prevent fractures
- and they can also help protect the body from certain chronic diseases
Data from dietary surveys show many people aren’t meeting the dietary guidelines and are under consuming micronutrients rich foods such as; whole grains, dark green vegetables, orange vegetables & legumes.
Micro-deficiencies are wide spread affecting over 2 billion people globally. The most common deficiencies are vitamin A, iron & iodine and are mostly in developing countries but it’s on the rise even in developed countries due to poor quality diets and a rise in processed and refined foods.
Here are a few tips to help you meet your daily intake:
- eat the rainbow ? – choose a variety of colours when selecting your fruits and veg to get a wider range of vitamins and minerals
- try to choose locally grown products – this means the product wont have lost its goodness in transport and hoping will be a bit easy of your wallet
- use a lighter cooking method – try not to boil your vegetables to death as they lose all their goodness, try frying lightly or steaming to help maintain their goodness
- choose wholegrain products
If you are still unsure if you are getting your daily amount you can seek advise from a healthcare professional. You may need a supplement of they can at least give you the best advice for you personally on what you need to do.
Quote & Affirmation
“Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.”
‘I am Persistent’
I continue progressing through all circumstances.