What’s happening at CorpoStudio.in?
The summer is here and while many of you take a well deserved break and escape to the seaside or to the mountains, at CorpoStudio.in we are continuing to develop the studio and ourselves within the fields of health, wellness and fitness.
Both Inma and Holly are taking extracurricular courses in Functional Training and HypopressiveRSF so when September rolls around the studio is ready to provide a wider spectrum of classes and an up to date service for the clients.
If you’re interested in finding out what HypopressiveRSF is exactly, check out our instagram page @CorpoStudio or find more information in our website.
Have a wonderful summer!
– 160 g whole grain pasta of your choosing
– 2 Zucchini (Bio)
– 1 sprig of Basil
– Almonds (or other oilseeds)
– Garlic (if you like)
– Edible organic lemon peel
– Parmigiano Reggiano 30-40 months
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper
1. Boil the water for the pasta. Once it reaches a boil, throw in the Pasta for the minutes indicated on the package.
2. Wash and dry the courgettes and cut them into coarse cubes. In a pan, sauté the onion with an emulsion of water and oil for a few minutes then sauté the courgettes. Season with Curry, season with Salt and Pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Put the washed basil in a blender, add the sautéed courgettes and onions, a handful of almonds, about two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the garlic, the grated lemon peel, the Parmigiano Reggiano to taste. Season with salt and pepper. If necessary, polish with other EVO oil. Blend well for a few minutes until a smooth paste is formed.
4. Season the pasta with the Zucchini mix, garnish with chopped almonds, a grated lemon peel and enjoy.
The Zucchini Pesto can be used immediately or transferred to a glass jar, covered with EVO oil and placed in the refrigerator (consume within 3-4 days)
Exercise of the month
We are heading back to the barre for this month’s exercise and it is relevés.
A relevé is another classic ballet move which means ‘raised’ in French and involves raising the heels off the ground and lowering them back down with control, this can be performed in all the classic ballet/Total Barre positions. It is a seemingly easy move that is actually rather deceptive.
We use relevés in ‘Total Barre‘ classes because they work the thigh muscles, calf muscles, strengthen the ankles and the feet, and if you’re squeezing all the right muscles it will work your booty too! This movement requires balance and stability which also engages the core, so for an exercise that seems quite simple it has great potential for toning and strengthening many muscles all at the same time!
Fancy trying them out, why not book yourself a trial ‘Total Barre‘ lesson?
Starting your day right can set you up not only for the rest of the day but the rest of your week, month, year even life.
A lot of people have found that by having a morning routine it helps them to be more productive, energetic, positive, healthier, less stressed and ultimately more successful at work and in their personal relationships.
But what do you have to do? And how long does it take?
This is the beauty of a morning routine, it’s completely up to you. You can choose the activities and the amount of time you want to spend, it could be as simply as a 1minute meditation to a full hour combining different activities.
Here’s a few ideas of different activities you could try:
- Meditation – helps to relax the body, clears the mind and reduces stress.
- Affirmations – choose affirmations that resonate with you and repeat them to yourself a few times.
- Visualisation – maybe you had a goal that you want to accomplish, be it work related, a fitness goal, financial etc., by visualising reaching that goal, it has been shown, helps you to actually achieve what it is you want.
- Exercise – getting the blood pumping really does awaken the body, increases energy levels and gets oxygen to the brain.
- Reading – this could be a personal development book or simply reading something you enjoy.
- Gratitude journal – some people find by writing down what they are grateful for, any little thing, allows them to prioritise and put into prospective what really matters to them.
As mentioned before you could do all these practices or just a few and take as much time as you wish on each. It does mean you might have to get up a bit earlier than normal but many have shown that they really enjoy this process and enjoy getting up early, even at 5am!
Give it a go for about a month or so, that way you can really feel the benefits and see if it changes your outlook on life.
Quote & Affirmation of the month
“You don’t get results by focusing on results. You get results by focusing on the actions that produce results.” – Mike Hawkins
‘I am Focused’
I devote my energy to what truly matters.